Comparison is always raw where we are trying to prove one better, and leaving other insulted and alone. But here, we will just try to figure out which CMS (WordPress or Joomla or Drupal) will show better compatibility with your business needs and prove a tool to success. Leaving all personal likes and dislikes in the dark, we will illuminate the pros and cons of each analytically and objectively.
Many folks produces instant reviews about CMSs under the influence of their past experience and finish up with their personal opinion regardless to business needs. Each and Every CMS applications have their own positive and negative aspects and here, evaluations between WordPress Vs Joomla Vs Drupal will help you to pick the best for your own project.
Primary Expectations of End-users towards CMS:
- Easy Development
- User-friendly Admins / Editors to Add, Edit and Delete Ingredients
- Having Support of Talented Developer Community
- Must be SEO friendly
It is always puzzling when we have to choose one from the group of powerful and resourceful options, but in the end have to finalize one that assembles our expectations. Talking about Joomla, WP and Drupal, all of three CMSs are written in PHP having thousands of modules/plugins available where some are easy develop and some are user-friendly. There are many ways to compare, but here we shall simply list the advantages of each, and then list out some useful features.
WordPress is an open source blog publishing platform with more 25 million users across the globe. WordPress has rich plugins architecture supported by thousands of themes and trouble-free interfaces. WordPress can be easily customized as per need using templates and plugins for user-friendly WordPress CMS development.
Business Using WordPress CMS
- WordPress Web Development allows flexible and easy alteration of themes. Thousands of pre-deigned wordpress themes are available for free or on commercial base. For custom theme development to suit your business identity, you can Hire wordpress theme designer from highly pool of talented WP community.
- Out of the box collection of plugins for almost any business need and are extremely easy to use.
- WordPress is not restricted to blogging, but with the help of plugins, coding and themes, it can be converted in a professional website or fully functioning ecommerce store.
- WordPress themes can be easily edited and customized but still for better coding you can contact company offering wordpress development services.
- WordPress has massive support of developer community who are constantly creating and publishing fresh themes and plugins to perk-up its functionality.
If you have planned for ecommerce store, than by installing plugins you can start online journey of making money. But, it demands some basic knowledge of coding and if you are weaker on coding part than its better to hire wordpress ecommerce developer for wordpress ecommerce development. By wordpress theme development, you can own high level of ecommerce store with complex content structure. Plugins for every need are floating across the net. Compared to Joomla and Drupal, wordpress is easy to access and highly supportive forum.
Joomla CMS Development has its own advantages and is youngest member in CMS family after WordPress and Drupal. Website developed on Joomla platforms feels secured against hackers and other online threats. Joomla Web Development has been extensively utilized to harness and power large, medium and small web and application development requirements. Different development solutions can be generated by Custom Joomla Development such as ecommerce application development, estate agent websites, social networking websites and lots more to tackle a wide range of business concerns.
Business Using Joomla CMS:-
- Not ideally designed for blogging, but still good for static blog pages.
- Superior menu system with user-friendly interface
- Tricky for developers to develop
- Not so impressive Admin/Editor usability
- Can easily handle website up to 2000 pages
- Not so impressive plugins, hence you will need Joomla developer
- Themes/Templates not great, again need for Custom Joomla Template Development
- Not much flexible in functioning and is pretty limited
If you desire for website that standout from the crowd with a unique and custom Joomla template then it is better to contact Joomla web designer so that you can be sure about the uniqueness in your website.
VirtueMart and jStore are Joomla ecommerce extension showing amazing compatibility low to medium level traffic websites. Joomla VirtueMart Development powers you with performance and security so that you can sell products online and drive your ecommerce store to new levels.
Some net friend of mine claims Drupal to be dark the horse of CMS but what I found is that Drupal is bit tricky in use when compared to WordPress. Drupal web and Application Development truly over shine Joomla and WordPress when it comes to purity in coding and volume of application. For professional developers demanding fully functional CMS, Drupal Customization is an ideal alternative as it can be deployed over large-scale applications with complex functionality.
Business Using Drupal CMS:-
- High volume of quality developer for Drupal Web Development
- Better Admin and Editor Usability
- It can also easily handle website with more than 2000 pages
- Ocean of plugins and hundreds of new are poured everyday
- Thousands of themes and growing more everyday
- Highly flexible
- Elegant user-interface
- Easy to install
Drupal offers amazing flexibility in writing extremely clean code for Drupal website development.It is fairly backed with large community of committed developers who constantly work for improvements in Drupal CMS. With release of Drupal 7 containing Modules, Views, Web form and Panels, Drupal CMS development has become easy and user-friendly. Drupal is fixing its roots in ground of ecommerce and with Drupal commerce development, world class ecommerce website having great flexibility and amazing features can be developed. For enhanced business functioning, you can go for Custom Module Development for Drupal as it solves most complex business functionalities by integrating and extending modules such as Views, Ubercart and other modules.
Who is better in SEO, WordPress vs. Drupal vs. Joomla?
Joomla and Drupal cannot contend WordPress in SEO. WordPress SEO plugins (such as All in One SEO Pack) are better than Joomla and Drupal. Joomla SEO plugin is very complex for users and fairly impossible to handle for newbie.
Wrapping up with an idea about Which CMS to Use?
WordPress is user-friendly and simple to customize but has its limitation whereas Drupal is really a great solution but you need to be a good coder and Joomla seems to be an ideal solution but it too has some drawbacks. These are my neutral opinions about CMSs and hope it will prove helpful in deciding a suitable CMS for your online journey.